Nordic Partner: KYOCERA AVX
HQ Company Address (City, Country)
One AVX Boulevard,
Fountain Inn, SC 29644, USA
- Design Centers: San Diego CA (USA), Nice (France), Taipei (Taiwan), Seoul (South Korea), Shenzhen (China)
- Manufacturing Centers: South Korea, China, Vietnam
Serviced Countries / regions
Who we are and what we do:
KYOCERA AVX is a leading global manufacturer of advanced electronic components, including antennas and RF chipsets, engineered to accelerate technological innovation and build a better future.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of KYOCERA Corporation structured to capitalize on shared resources and technical expertise, KYOCERA AVX has an expansive global footprint comprised of several dozen research, development, and manufacturing facilities spanning more than 15 countries and staffed with talented personnel dedicated to innovation, component quality, customer service, and enabling a brighter future through technology.
What makes us unique:
Supplying more than one million antennas per day, KYOCERA AVX is an industry-leading supplier of innovative antenna solutions, covering all major frequency bands and applications. KYOCERA AVX antennas utilize a wide array of materials -including LDS, stamped metal, ceramic, PCB, and FPC- to support a variety of custom and standard configurations (external indoor/outdoor, embedded on/off-board). KYOCERA AVX offers customers worldwide manufacturing capabilities and several differentiated innovations such as unique tuning pads for optimized performance or band switching solutions for the smallest of devices. KYOCERA AVX state-of-the-art global design centers support customers from the concept phase to mass production, including validation and pre-certification testing.
Working with Nordic Semiconductor:
KYOCERA AVX has been supporting Nordic Semiconductor customers for several years, optimizing the connectivity performance of their devices. Either by customizing antennas for their devices with Nordic Semiconductor modules, supporting the implementation of standard antennas from the early stage of the projects, or pre-certification testing for validation, customers experience a faster go-to-market thanks to KYOCERA AVX partnership with Nordic Semiconductor.
In order to facilitate the implementation of antennas, KYOCERA AX has available different references designs with Nordic Semiconductor nRF9160, with performance and design guidelines available online: https://www.kyocera-avx.com/design-tools/antenna-tools/antenna-reference-vs-rf-modules/nordic-semiconductor/
Which projects we focus on:
KYOCERA AVX provides active and passive antenna solutions for industrial IoT, consumer electronics, automotive, and medical applications, having prototyping and testing facilities worldwide to support customers during the design and development phases of their products.
KYOCERA AVX teams and factories are organized to support small and large projects, component designs or complex vertical integrations, standard antennas or customized solutions… always taking into consideration the best balance between performance and cost efficiency while maintaining best-in-class quality. KYOCERA AVX utilizes an extensive global network of Distributors to support all customers across the globe. https://www.kyocera-avx.com/contact-us/authorized/
KYOCERA AVX has 5 global design centers with 25+ testing capabilities to support customers in the pre-certification phase, including advanced measurements like AoA optimization, TRP/TIS testing capabilities for LTE-M/NB-IoT or a world’s leading automotive chamber to measure large devices such as vehicles, white goods, or parking meters. KYOCERA AVX offers also online tools to support customers during the design phase of their IoT devices.
- Webinar: How To Get Started With Cellular IoT Development with KYOCERA AVX and Nordic Semiconductor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_7hb-sB34&t=89s
- Choose the best KYOCERA AVX antenna for your Nordic-module based device (application notes and DXF files available at the landing pages of the antennas): https://www.kyocera-avx.com/design-tools/antenna-tools/antenna-reference-vs-rf-modules/nordic-semiconductor/ or select the specific bands on the Online Filter: https://www.kyocera-avx.com/product-category/antenna/
- Reduce time-to-market and development costs by simulating your full IoT device with Nordic Semiconductor module and KYOCERA AVX antennas using the IoT Solution Optimizer: https://www.kyocera-avx.com/design-tools/antenna-tools/iot-solution-optimizer/
- Learn the best practices for antenna tuning: https://www.kyocera-avx.com/technical-info-papers/antenna-tuning-best-practices/
- Learn about Active Band Switching technology with KYOCERA AVX video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6pQ53a4Owk
- Do you need help with the optimization or validation of your design? Check the test services available at https://search.kyocera-avx.com/antennas/testing or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All KYOCERA AVX global design centers and fully equipped with design and prototyping tools, as well as state-of-the-art measurement systems to support customers in the design and validation of their devices.
The engineering teams work closely with customers to ensure their products have the optimum wireless performance and are validated before the certification process.
KYOCERA AVX offering:
- Off-the-shelf antennas for Cellular/LTE, 5G, LTE-M/NB-IoT, GNSS L1/L2/L5/L6, Wi-Fi 6E, BLE, NFC, UWB... in various configurations (external indoor/outdoor, embedded on/off-board)
- Custom designs manufactured in a wide array of materials, including LDS (Laser Direct Structuring), stamped metal, ceramic, PCB, and FPC (Flexible PCB)
- Active Antenna Systems: Active Steering, Impedance Matching, Band Switching, Beamforming Arrays
We are a:
☐ Consultant / Consultancy fir
☐ Design House
☒ Original Design Manufacturing (ODM)
☒ Solution Provider
We offer the following core design services in combination with Nordic products:
☒Hardware and RF design
☐Embedded software development
☒Advanced RF and antenna design
☐Security design and implementation
We also offer the following services:
☐ Rapid Prototyping
☒ Pre-production testing and validation
☐ Pilot production
☐ Transfer to production
☐ Turn-key contract manufacturing
☐ Product Cycle Management
☐ Industrial design (enclosure/casing)
☐ Phone application development
☐ Device to Cloud integration
☐ Cloud backend development
☐ Cloud frontend development
We have experience with the following technologies on Nordic products:
Bluetooth LE, Bluetooth 5.1 Direction Finding, Bluetooth Mesh, ZigBee, Proprietary, LTE-M, NB-IoT, GNSS
UN Sustainable Development Goals
It’s time to start looking at sustainability from more than one angle.
The UN outlines 17 Sustainable Development Goals covering climate, poverty, sustainable cities, and infrastructure. Tackling each goal is necessary to leave a better world for our grandchildren.
Kyocera’s next Sustainability leaders are developing creative solutions to diverse societal issues.
In our Infrastructure Systems R&D Division a junior engineer is developing Smart Road Side Units (RSUs) to realize a world free of traffic accidents. It’s an ambitious goal, but we believe the future is built on the dreams of those willing to challenge new thinking.
Learn more about this story here:
Get in touch: Receive Partner contact details and exclusive leaflet
When you submit the form below we will send you the direct contact information for this partner. You will also receive a whitepaper in PDF format with extra information about the partner. A notification email will be sent to the partner and a Nordic Semiconductor sales representative.