Nordic Partner: Ignion
HQ Company Address (City, Country)
Alcalde Barnils, 64-68, Mod C, 3rd Floor
08174 Sant Cugat del Vallès,
Serviced Countries / regions
Who we are and what we do:
Ignion is reshaping the world's IoT connectivity. A global antenna innovator with proven manufacturing capabilities to scale and create the new generation of multiband, multipurpose and ready-to-use, chip antennas. Ignion´s mission is to accelerate IoT and empower the ecosystem with off-the-shelf antenna solutions.
What makes us unique:
Ignion is the company behind the Virtual Antenna™ technology, the only antenna technology capable of delivering multiband high performance in the cellular IoT bands, in a small form factor. This small embedded antenna booster has unique multiprotocol capabilities, capable of covering more than one communication standard in the same virtual antenna component.
Virtual Antenna™ technology gives the product developer a head start and large flexibility, reducing project risk, and ensuring the RF targets initially set will be achieved.
Working with Nordic Semiconductor:
Ignion partnership with Nordic enables Nordic customers to reduce the risk on the RF design, ensuring high performance in a small design with optimized power consumption in the RF chain, enabling long battery life time of IoT devices.
Which projects we focus on:
Any size IoT company, experienced or new to the field benefit from leveraging Virtual Antenna™ technology in their IoT products, both due to the performance benefits, as well as the benefits related to reduced project risk, easy logistics with single SKU as well as very low lead time.
In addition, Ignion provides services to ensure customer project success, all from idea stage to certified device.
Ignion’s antennas are deployed in more than 25 Million devices today, covering any wireless protocol and any frequency, in segments ranging from industrial, commercial, automotive to smart home and consumer products. It is in particular popular in cellular IoT applications such as asset tracking and smart metering.
Ignion is the cellular IoT RF solution partner for the Thingy 91, covering all cellular IoT bands as well as GPS and Bluetooth in a single virtual antenna component. The antenna solutions from Ignion enables a shorter design journey with predictable high RF performance. The Ignion solutions include the Virtual Antenna components and the associated design services through the product development phases;
Get Started now:
- Get easily started with our free Antenna Intelligence Cloud service for Nordic customers:
Submit your project detail here https://ignion.io/nordic-semiconductor/ and you will receive a proof-of-concept embedded antenna design in 24 hours incl simulated performance report
- Watch webinar on “How to embed a compact antenna for your global cellular IoT product”
- Read antenna design guideline for projects based on Thingy:91
- Get "Single Antenna for cellular IoT, Bluetooth & GNSS" whitepaper
- Read antenna design guideline for Bluetooth IoT projects with our smallest part, Nano mXTEND https://ignion.io/files/AN_NN02-101_Different_Form_Factors.pdf
Our antenna services cover all the way from idea to certified product for any wireless technology
- Antenna Intelligence Cloud service – Get a proof-of-concept embedded antenna design in 24 hours incl simulated performance report. https://ignion.io/nordic-semiconductor/
- Embedded Antenna Design - Full CAD design recommendation of your IoT product including the antenna and all other surrounding elements. Full simulation with embedded design.
- RF Tuning and Optimization of Antenna Matching Network – The frequency neutral Virtual Antenna achieves optimum antenna performance through matching network design and tuning. The service minimizes VSWR while maximizing radiation efficiency. Hardware prototyping and testing included
- Consultancy – Design support from initial design to final layouts.
- Certification - Guidance on the certification phase and requirements. Assistance with the final pre-certification test and adjustment of your wireless device.
We are a:
☒ Solution Provider
We offer the following core design services in combination with Nordic products:
☒Advanced RF and antenna design
We also offer the following services:
☒ Pre-production testing and validation
We have experience with the following technologies on Nordic products:
Bluetooth LE, Bluetooth 5.1 Direction Finding, Bluetooth LE Audio, Bluetooth Mesh, GNSS, ZigBee, Proprietary, ANT, LTE-M, NB-IoT, Other
Get in touch: Receive Partner contact details and exclusive leaflet
When you submit the form below we will send you the direct contact information for this partner. You will also receive a whitepaper in PDF format with extra information about the partner. A notification email will be sent to the partner and a Nordic Semiconductor sales representative.